Online standards development
How ISO and IEC, together with Fonto, are changing the way in which experts come together to create standards.
ISO and IEC are creating a new Online Standards Development (OSD) platform which aims at providing the technical community with a unique and harmonized space for online standards development, from the first draft through to authoring, commenting, editing, voting, publication, and evolution over time.
Create content that is clear, precise and unambiguous
Already more than 80 working groups, representing over 7,000 users, are currently working on drafting standards within the XML platform. Content quality is improved at the early stages of standard development together with simplified online commenting and final compilation of resolutions.
“Super tool to use even for a non-editor, super friendly to play with the document, interactive. It will help a lot all experts writing our standards. Well done!”
The key advantages that the online standards development platform brings:
- Collaboration – experts work collaboratively on a standard in real-time.
- Accuracy and quality – a platform that takes care of the structure and quality of the document so experts can truly focus on content rather than formatting.
- Efficiency – straightforward online commenting and comment resolution.
- Integration – a platform accessible via existing ISO and IEC standards development tools.
- Harmonized – IEC/ISO standards development and processes.
- NISO STS – a content development system based on Standards.
By creating a single, collaborative and integrated place for standards content, ISO and IEC are improving efficiency and enhancing the traceability of expert inputs and assisting the community in understanding the evolution of a standard and the origin and rationale of the comments that went into its various drafts.
- Online Standards Development, working collaboratively to shape the world of tomorrow
- Online Standards Development (IEC)
- IT tools for standards development: Online standards development platform
- Standards development harnesses the power of online collaboration
“Very simple to write in the document in compliance with the structure. What a time-saver!”
Try Fonto For Free
We can spend a 1000 words on how intuitive Fonto is
but why don’t you find out for yourself!